Monday, September 21, 2009

A small correction

I've mentioned a maelstrom of emotion in which I find myself. I also believe I identified my anchor as being Christ. That I must correct. Christ is not nor can He be my anchor. My faith in Him is my anchor. He cannot be my anchor because He is my captain.
I find I must put my trust in my Captain. He has weathered the stormiest of seas and knows how to make it across. I must feel utter confidence in Him. Yet in this malevolent storm I found myself faltering. I must have lifted my anchor. Something came about that shook me.
It was through some enlightened reading and meditation that I found comfort. My anchor is falling back into the deep confines of the ocean and will soon root itself on the floor.
I considered staying home Saturday after a change came about in my plans. I felt like wallowing in the down feelings. I have found that in those very depressing moments the best thing to combat my low-point is to do that which I exactly no longer feel like doing. So I went out. I enjoyed myself. And the moment passed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment