Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm not sure if I made this point, but I decided that my blog was created for the intent of having a place to write in a verbose form. This is my English writing outlet. It has become and exists for me to compose my newest pieces of literature. I'm loving it. This is good for me. It pushes my intellect to the point of a slight headache. Sure I must recover for some time, but it's of great benefit to me. The stretching of one's intellect is as the stretching of one's muscles; the more you do it, the stronger you become. The more often you lift weights the larger the quantity of weight said muscles can elevate (that's me trying to sound intelligent).
Also, I'm not yet certain if I mentioned that I have a hard time seeing my friends leave. I saw one leave about a month ago. That was hard, as was described in my last post. I said see you later to a friend last week. This week I said goodbye to another. I have a hard time doing that, especially since all three of them are great friends that in some way touched my life and taught me something.
I believe that may be my weakness. I become strongly attached to the people that change my life, that touch my heart. I hope they'll be there always, just as I want to be there for them. Is it such a bad thing? I would say not.
C. S. Lewis once said something like this "just as Jesus said ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen ye, the same could be said of our friends. We have not chosen them, but they were chosen for us." I believe the right people come into our lives at the right time and more often than not they are a Godsend. My conviction is that from there we can and should hang onto the ones we wish to.
Last Monday I went to a concert and heard the incredible Daniel Beck sing "You Raise Me Up". I closed my eyes because I know the lyrics to a certain degree and I thought on the meaning of the words. I began having a flashback of all those I could think of in a short time period, all those who have had some impact on my life. I didn't mind it; I reveled in it. I was almost brought to tears. So many people have come in, and several have left, but I still cling to those I wish to. I want them to stay.
On another note, I would rather make things happen than let them happen. Letting things happen is very passive. In a more modern day the Lord said "Verily I say unto you that men must be engaged in a good cause, doing many things of their own free will..." I'd just as soon make it happen by my own choice than let it simply come. Mine is the power and mine is the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment