Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Great Weekend

So yesterday was a good day. I had Friday off from work. I spent my lazy time Friday. That night I spent in the company of my great friends that served their missions with me in Brazil. So having spent Friday lazily I spent Saturday running errands and such.
I went to Taylorsville looking for a Brazilian market (which I happily found and to whom I gave some money...;)). This business place is called Central do Brasil and they have a restaurant in addition to a store. I ate lunch. I loved it. It was salty, as feijoada usually is which left me slightly dehydrated I fear. But I'm still alive. Afterward I journeyed back to Saratoga Springs on the recently-widened Redwood Road. I and a friend went to Springville. I had hoped to meet and get the autograph of comic book author Greg Farschety, but he had left for Layton hours before my own arrival (the autograph was for Clint, my kid brother by they way).
After all this, I went to the temple. I timed myself to arrive for the Portuguese session. For approximately two hours I was immersed in my beloved foreign language. I was reminded of how much I love hearing and speaking it. I even met a sister that knew President Milder, my mission president, from when he was a missionary (early '70s). Then I bumped into a sister that I met while I was in the Centro de Treinamento Missionario in Sao Paulo. I also had some questions answered. For this I love going to the temple. Above all else, in the quiet celestial room I can find time to commune with the Lord. It's a marvelous experience.
It was a weekend of laughter and love for Brasil. I've honestly not laughed so hard in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment